Old Cemetery
The land for this cemetery was given to Poland in the year 1804 by Turhand Kirtland who came from Wallingford, Connecticut. As agent for the Connecticut Land Company he surveyed much of this Western Reserve territory. In his grant he also included lands for the village green.
The Samuel K. Hine will bequeathed in 1962 provides for the maintenance of both the Old Cemetery and the Green.
This marker erected August, 1966
Marker is on Hine Circle near Main Street (Ohio Route 170), on the left when traveling north.
Courtesy hmdb.org