Gardette - Le Pretre House

Erected 1836 for

Joseph Coulon Gardette, Dentist

Frederic Roy, Builder

The cast iron galleries were added by

Jean Baptiste Le Pretre, Planter

who purchased the house in 1839 and

owned it until 1878.

Here on June 2, 1861 part of

the captured flagstaff of Fort Sumter

sent by Gen. P.G.T. Beauregard C.S.A.

was ceremoniously presented to

The Orleans Guards

Marker is on Dauphine Street near Orleans Avenue, on the left when traveling south.

Courtesy hmdb.org

Credits and Sources:

HMDB