Emanuel A.M.E. Church

Founded 1818 by the Reverend Morris Brown

Closed by State Law 1834. Reopened By The Reverend R.H. Cain 1865

Present Edifice Built By The Reverend L.R. Nichols 1891

Redecoration By The Reverend F.R. Veal 1949

The Right Reverend F.M. Reid, Bishop

Marker is on Calhoun Street, on the right when traveling east.

Courtesy hmdb.org

Credits and Sources:

HMDB